Documentation: Introduction to Warehouse Operations
Author: Operation Department of Nippon Express Co., Ltd
General description: This document is not a textbook or ordinary reference book, but a guide built by Nippon Express Co., Ltd itself based on real-life situations to train its global human resources. Businesses, thus reinforcing service quality as well as meeting customer requirements. The content of the document focuses on the basic knowledge of warehouse operation management, improvement of exploitation efficiency, quality management and safety management in the warehouse.
Main contents: The document includes the following main contents:
- Chapter 1. Warehouse Design. Chapter 1 introduces the functional areas in the warehouse, calculates the design of the functional areas in the warehouse, the ways to store goods in the warehouse, the measures to prevent spills, the methods of managing the position of goods in the warehouse. And selective picking methods.
- Chapter 2. Exploiting inventory. Chapter 2 introduces methods of quality control of stored goods, including temperature and humidity management, insect prevention, fire prevention, etc. as well as inventory management methods.
- Chapter 3. Exploiting cargo handling equipment. Chapter 3 introduces the process and methods of importing, exporting, and distributing goods as well as the use of KPIs in logistics.
- Chapter 4. Safe exploitation. Chapter 4 introduces 5S rules, basic knowledge of warehouse safety, especially accident situations and prevention of accidents caused by forklifts.
Note when using in training and coaching: This is a useful document for training and coaching on warehouse management and operation, for the following reasons:
- Documents are written in English, helping to supplement and improve specialized English about warehouses
Example of a structural description of the functional areas of a distribution warehouse
- Intuitive, vivid material, not heavy on academic theory. The basic theories are presented briefly and concisely. Lots of pictures and illustrative examples.
Example of a description of the techniques for lining up plate
- Chapter 1 on warehouse design provides formulas and examples that are intuitive, easy to understand and easy to apply.
- Very detailed about the types of vehicles and facilities used in the warehouse such as forklifts, types of racks, high-grade versions … with comparison and analysis for learners to understand the characteristics of exploitation and understanding. Appropriate usage.
Examples of descriptions of shelves in stock
Examples of descriptions of forklifts used in warehouses
- Very good for training, safety training in the warehouse, especially safety with forklifts. Chapter 4 has accident situations that can be used for training in recognizing causes, proposing preventive measures, etc.
Example of an accident situation in a warehouse
- However, the document focuses on distribution warehouses without detailed instructions for specialized warehouses such as CFS warehouses, bonded warehouses, cold storages, e-commerce sorting centers…
Introductory writer: Dr. Nguyen Minh Duc
Director of the Mekong Subregional Logistics Training Center – Japan in Vietnam,
Vietnam Maritime University
DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENT AT HERE.